The tour has now been out for two weeks. The company are back on the Outer Islands, and tonight's show is at An Lanntair, Stornoway, Lewis. Tomorrow I'll set off to rejoin the touring group, and I'll meet up with them at AROS on Skye on Saturday.
Feedback continues to be very, very positive. So far we've received well over 60 messages, via Twitter, the H+B website, and in the Comments Book. Here are a few typical examples:
- "If you get a chance to see Horse and Bamboo's Angus MacPhee - go!! Quite simply the most exquisite and moving piece of theatre I've ever seen!"
- "Loved the production – very clever set with it being so minimalist. Blend of Gaelic and English with strong non-verbal communication probably meant everyone enjoyed and understood it. Thank you for bringing it here."
- "Unbelievable. Loved it. Emotional. Blown away. Good singing."
- "Amazing, wonderful production. Many thanks for superb ending to our holiday!"
- "Emotive and inspiring. Gave insight into another world. Sensitive performance. Amazing puppetry. Singing – sgoinneil Jhein!"
- "Amazing. Was moved to tears."
- "Fireach druidhteach. Absolutely stunning moving and joyful, a seamless weave of media and music."
- "Utterly amazing production. Reduced me to tears! Beautiful …"
- "One of the most moving things I’ve seen in a very long time. Both beautifully subtle and extremely powerful. Pathos without sentimentality. Thanks."
- "Brilliantly conceived, constructed and executed. This deserves to win awards."