Last night the 2012 tour of 'Angus - Weaver of Grass' finished, at the Boo, with another sold out show. The set and props now lay in piles on the floor of our theatre.
We all had a drink together last night after the show, and this morning I drove Mairi Morrison to her train to Glasgow. She flies to Lewis later in the week. That goodbye made me realise that the tour was finally over. Thank you Mark, Jonny, Frances and Mairi, for your part in making this such a memorable tour, and to Alison, Christina, Esther, Loz, Joanne, Kirsty, Helen, Ellie, Daniella, Chris, Vanessa and the many, many others who all made such a huge contribution to creating this theatre story that has clearly touched so many people.
A few comments taken almost at random from just the last four days....
- It was beautiful. At least one of us might have cried. Actually, both of us. A bit.
- Wasn't it terrific?! Magical.
- Thank you for your brilliant production in Ardfen last Friday. It made me laugh and moved me to tears. We've enjoyed listening to Mairi's CD over the weekend. Oh and our magic bunnets took us to Craobh Haven and the Tarbert music festival on Saturday so thanks for that too.
- @HorseandBamboo 's 'Angus, Weaver of Grass' was visually brilliant, terribly moving and left me thinking I could speak Gaelic. Many thanks x
- So sensitive and beautiful, what a stunning piece of theatre, I was so moved. Everything married up so well, it was wonderful. Thank you.
- Absolutely brilliant! Right mix of weird and wonderful. Would definitely recommend to friends. Imagery was beautiful. Well done to all those involved.
- Thank you for that beautiful journey...sad, touching but full of light, life and warmth. Your hard work is appreciated.
- An incredible story so beautifully told, powerful, emotional and uplifting. Thank you.
- Magical, innovative, captivating, moving. A beautiful piece of theatre that will linger in the memory forever. Bravo!!
- Stunning, moving and beautiful. Made my heart beak. Was ace to hear Gaelic; singing was lovely. These stories need telling. Thank you.
- What a great way to tell a tale. Spellbinding!
- The most beautiful moving piece of theatre I've seen for a long time.
- Amazing, wonderful. Thank you. You had me in tears. I have to see the performance again.
- As a regular theatre goer, this is the most wonderful, magical, moving piece of theatre I’ve seen in a long time – beautifully realised, very well paced, so emotional, full of heart. Cannot recommend enough.
So now this blog will go quiet. It won't stop completely - I'll update it when there's something worth telling. In particular on any progress towards another tour of 'Angus' - hopefully in 2013.
Thank you for following our journey. Tìoraidh an dràsda.